Tuesday, December 9, 2008

trying this out

well i guess its about that time that i start a blog. i'm feeling like this will be a good chance to get some of my thoughts out that would otherwise remain in my head and either become annoying, depressing or lonely. soooo now maybe i can share them with good friends and get some good feedback about life. i think it might also help me feel like i'm not quite so far away from all of you. :)

for now, i'm going to keep it short because i need to brainstorm some Christmas ideas and work on getting a cell phone that is fully functional. California is cool. I'm sad and trying to really experience the sadness instead of stuffing it. which is not easy.... or fun, but i guess it's necessary. i miss friends from home, friends from del rio... i miss routines and traditions. i'm trying to get excited about starting our own... i think that will come. we started one yesterday.... we went to a christmas tree farm in dixon to get our tree. it was called silveyville farm and the lady seriously told me (and i quote) "we have everything you need, dear. all you need to bring is yourself and a happy little smile." hahaha. adorable. so, we went, wandered around, found the perfect little tree, sawed it down and then enjoyed some hot apple cider and popcorn. it was a good night. here are some pictures:








4 comments:

Lisa said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, Sharon! It's good to hear/see a little of you again, but I'm sorry it means hearing you're feeling sad right now. Transitions are almost always hard. I'm still feeling a little out of sorts in Goldsboro, not always sure how to fill my time, but it's getting better. Hopefully you have been hanging out with your friends there. Have you found a church you like yet? Justin and I will be praying for you both.

Christmas brainstorming...I think I'm going to make some food this year. Candied nuts and maybe some soup mixes or something. I also saw this cool idea today for making chocolate dipped spoons (perhaps with peppermint or some other second flavor) for people to use in their coffee or hot chocolate. I might make some and tie them to some coffee or a Starbucks card for a person or two. Whatever you do, I know you'll have fun being crafty!

P.S. This is the longest comment I have EVER left.

Lisa said...

P.P.S. I linked to your blog on mine, but let me know if you don't want me to. Oh yeah, and I miss you, chica!

Anonymous said...

Shaaaaaar
love that you are doing this. I cant imagine what its like to be far away and miss people, friends, traditions... Being at differnt ends right now I think we can both remind each other something.. ill explain... ive been thinking a lot about how i cannot wait to have a hubby and create my own sense of home, with all different ways and new traditions. I think that I am excited for that BECAUSE they can be so fun and exciting, but also for the mere fact that it is YOU making them yourself and naming them as your own.. to do things how you envision "home". You remind me that creating those new ways and traditions away from the old, doesn't mean that the old ones aren't going to be missed. But I think that its good to think about those things and we can do what we can - whether its making new things or going back to old ones when you can:)
Hopefully I can remind you that its ok to miss the old, change is hard, but that new can be good. And i hope for you that in missing things, that you will be able to find the joy in starting YOUR own - what Iam so much looking forward to. (PS... you, adam, and liss are SOOO part of that, and I hope to be part of yours too!)

Dunno if that makes sense or helps, but like you said, to say it on here and just see... love u

Wherever we go there we are said...

You didn't tell me you started a blog!!! ah, I love it! I miss you! We need to catch up soon! Are you around tomorrow?